Echo Doesn’t Connect To Wifi?
Before trying to connect Echo device to a Wifi network:
You should know that Echo devices do not support Adhoc or peer-to-peer networks. Echo devices can only connect to the dual-band WiFi (2.4GHz/ 5GHz) networks that use the 802.11a /b/ g/n standard. You should know your Wifi password and enter it correctly. Your Wifi password might not the same as of your Amazon account password.
To stream through Amazon Alexa app, your Wifi connection should have at least 512 Kbps i.e. 0.5 Mbps of speed. Your Echo device with Alexa app stuck on setup or not connected with the wired network. If you use Wifi network as mentioned above, then your Echo device can connect to your Wifi network.
Follow Steps to Know How To Connect Amazon Alexa Echo To Wifi :
- For echo devices with screen (for e.g Echo show): If light ring on your Echo device is orange, it means a Wifi network connection is not working as expected. Go to settings and select Wifi connection to check with which network you are connected. You can also search for a new Wifi network and connect the Alexa echo device with Wifi. To connect the Echo device with Wifi network you will require a password, This is not the same password as of an Amazon account. This password is for your Wifi network connection.
- You should do an update to the firmware for your router/ modem hardware.
- To solve connection issues, switch your router security type to WPA or WPA2. If your router has an option to set the type of encryption, Then set it to AES.
Reset your Amazon Echo device (having volume buttons):
- Press and hold the microphone off button and volume down button simultaneously for about 20 seconds until the light ring turns orange. After that, the light ring turns blue.
- Wait for a light ring to turn off and on again. The light ring turns orange, it means your echo device enters in the setup mode.
- Open the alexa.amazon.com on your phone and register on Amazon account to connect your Echo device to a Wifi network.
Reset your Amazon Echo device (not having volume buttons):
- The reset button is located at the base of your Amazon Echo devices.
- Press and hold the reset button for the five seconds.
- After press and hold reset button the light ring on your Echo device. It turns orange and then blue.
- Wait for few seconds for the light ring to turn off and on again. The light ring turns blue again and then orange indicating that your
- Echo device entered in the setup mode.
- Open the Amazon Alexa app on your phone and register it to your Amazon account to connect your Echo device to a Wifi network.
Reduce Wifi congestion on your network:
- Having multiple devices on your Wifi network makes your Wifi connection’s performance inconsistent.
- Turn off other devices you are not using to free up the bandwidth.
- Make sure to place your Echo device near modem/router.