HOW TO SETUP ECHO DOT?
WHAT IS ECHO DOT?
Echo Dot is a portable, voice-controlled, hands-free device developed by Amazon. Echo dot is the smallest one in size among all other Amazon echo devices such as echo show, Echo Plus, Etc. Amazon Echo Dot is smaller in size, but able to perform all such tasks performed by other Echo devices efficiently.
The Amazon Echo Dot device is used with the Amazon Alexa app. Echo Dot device when connected to the Amazon Alexa app is able to perform multiple kinds of tasks.
FUNCTIONALITIES OF AN ECHO DOT?
Echo Dot devices are as much efficient in task perforation as any of larger/ expensive Echo devices can perform. Echo Dot devices provide multiple functionalities such as music playback, to-do list creation, alarm setting, setting timers, providing information about weather, news or sports news, etc. Echo Dot devices can also order things you want to purchase from the Amazon online store. Echo Dot devices are also capable of managing and controlling smart home devices such as lights, AC thermostat, and locks.
Amazon Echo dot has the ability to learn new skills. They continually keep learning new skills over time. Echo Dot devices are adaptive in nature & they adapt according to the user’s speech pattern, personal preferences, and vocabulary.
ECHO DOT SETUP:
Setting up the connection Echo Dot Wifi setup with Amazon Alexa is a simple and one time task to execute. It can be executed simply by following on-screen instructions or follow the steps described below:
- Place your Amazon Echo Dot device at central location keeping in mind to place it away from the walls (at least 21centimetres) and away from blowers/ vents.
- Plug Amazon Echo Dot device and turn it on.
- Download Alexa app on your smartphone device either Android or IOS. If you are having an Android device you can download Alexa app from Google Play store. IOS users can download Alexa app from the Apple App store by simply searching for “Alexa“.
- Follow on-screen instructions in Alexa App choose the language in which you are comfortable and then select Echo dot device among the list of Echo devices. Grant all permissions asked by Alexa app.
- For Echo Dot Wifi Setup, search for Wifi network, Select your network enter password and connect Echo dot to a wifi network. Orange light ring on the Amazon Echo device turns on indicating trying to connect to the network. Blue light then turns on indicating that the connection is established.
1) What is Echo Dot device?
Echo Dot is a voice controlled device designed and developed by Amazon it helps make the life of users easier in many ways. You can play and stream through the music channels, have the latest news read out for you, control your smart home appliances such as fans, lights, garage doors, and even set alarms.
2) Any specific way to place an Echo Dot?
Yes, Echo Dot needs space around it to be able to function at its best efficiency. An approximate of 21cms need to be maintained around it. Thus, it is preferred to be placed in the center of the room with ample distance from the walls, windows, blowers/ vents.
3) How to turn the Echo Dot device on?
Press the “Action” button to turn on the Echo Dot device. When the blue ring light turns to orange, it means the device is turned on.
4) How to get started with your Echo dot device?
Once you are done with all the setup processes, you will have to call out the woke word “Alexa” following with the command to execute. This name “Alexa” is set by default and you can change at any time in the settings tab in your Alexa app.